1 lb. Lean ground beef (90% or higher) or lean steak (sliced)
1 small onion, chopped
1- 16oz package low-fat cheese
1-16oz can vegetarian refried beans
1- 16oz jar of salsa (or fresh pico)
1-6oz can pitted olives, chopped
1 stalk green onion, chopped
2 tbsp. Chipotle chili powder
1 tsp. Salt
Grain-free tortilla chips (cauliflower tortilla chips work well)
Optional: guacamole, avocado cream, pickled jalapenos, fresh jalapenos
Yields 2 servings
- Pre-heat over to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place a single layer of tortilla chips on the baking sheet, be sure to cover the entire bottom.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients: heat through.
- Evenly spoon the ground beef mixture over the tortilla chips.
- Top the nachos with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for approximately 5 minutes.
- Top with olives, onions, and tomatoes if desired.