1 cup uncooked instant brown rice (can substitute quinoa or cauliflower rice)
1 cup chicken broth (or veggie broth)
½ cup chopped frozen green pepper, thawed
¼ cup chopped onion
2 tsp olive oil
1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
½ cup frozen corn, thawed
½ cup frozen peas, thawed
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp rubbed sage
1/8 tsp salt and pepper
Yields 2 servings
- Cook rice in broth according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the green pepper and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the chicken, corn, peas, basil, and sage.
- Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until heated through.
- Stir in the rice, salt, and pepper.