2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1 pound chicken breast, cubed
1 tbsp. Minced garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
½ tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp. Tomato paste
1-14 oz can of tomato sauce (no salt added)
2 cups fresh spinach
1/4 tsp. Salt and pepper
2 tbsp. Minced fresh parsley
Yields 1 serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper, cook, and stir until chicken reaches 130 degrees F.
- Toss in garlic, onions, spinach and pepper flakes, sauté for 3-5 minutes or until spinach is tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Drain pasta; serve topped with chicken tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley.