1 cup pitted-medjool dates
1 cup unsweetened fine ground coconut
1/2 cup raw almonds (or walnuts)
1 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup almond butter
2 tablespoons flax seeds
Yields 4 servings
- Lightly oil an 8-inch square pan and cover the bottom and the sides with parchment paper. Make sure to leave a bit of excess paper to make it easier to remove the bars from the pan.
- Place the almonds and cashews in a food processor bowl and grind until they reach a grainy consistency.
- In the same bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until you get a sticky mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into the pan and press it firmly using your hands or something flat like a measuring cup or a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or put in the freezer for 30 minutes until set.
- Remove from the pan using the extra parchment paper hanging from the sides, and slice into bars with a sharp knife into 10 pieces.
Store the coconut date bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.