4-6 cups kale, chopped
2 chicken breasts, thin and shredded (if thick, slice in halves lengthwise)
2 ½ cups couscous pearls or quinoa, cooked
1 sweet potato, sliced thinly or chopped
1 honeycrisp or fuji apple, chopped
8 oz goat cheese
½ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup olive oil, and extra for cooking
4 tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ cup cashews
Yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange on a large baking sheet, chicken breasts and sweet potato.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes have slightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine kale, couscous, apple, and goat cheese.
- Once finished cooking, shred chicken breasts with a fork, then add chicken and sweet potato to the bowl.
- Aside in a smaller bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard.
- Mix well.
- Dress the salad with the vinegar mix as desired.
- Sprinkle cashews on top. Mix the entire salad well.