½ white onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 cup vegetable stock or broth
1 cup medium grain rice
1 can (8 oz) black beans
1 tsp. salt
½ lime juice
Yields 2 servings
- Sauté onion, carrot, and celery with olive oil over medium heat until translucent and cooked through.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- To the vegetable mixture, add rice and beans.
- Stir, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- After 20 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked.
- Add lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.