½ lb. Whole grain pasta (any shape)
8 oz. Ricotta cheese
1 cup spinach
3 tbsp. Lemon juice
2 tbsp. Olive oil
¼ cup parmesan cheese
Yields 2 servings
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot, add pasta.
- While pasta cooks, combine ricotta, lemon juice, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper aside in a small bowl.
- Once pasta is a minute or two shy of al dente, reserve two cups of pasta water and drain. Return pot to heat.
- In warm pot, combine cheese mixture, spinach, and hot pasta. Mix well.
- If pasta is dry, use reserved pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce.